Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Welcome to My World Speech

I think I spoke clearly with a good tone in my voice, and spoke confidently. I also think I smiled a lot and used some facial expressions while speaking. Another thing I did well was that I didn't look at my notes that often, I looked up and kept eye contact with the audience. A couple things I could improve on for the next speech is by relating to audience in interests and needs and being more direct with my central idea. I really liked Marissa's speech. I loved how she explained her life as a dancer in ballet, and that in her introduction had so much detail about when she was a little girl in the center of the stage with the spotlights on her and all the dancers heart beats pounding so hard from nerves. I think her speech was good, because she captured how ballet made her grow to become more responsible, respectful, and disciplined. I forgot to have my paper in the Outline format, which lowered my grade a little bit and to show my visual aid (picture) before my speech instead of waiting until my speech was over. People's questions surprised me, I didn't think that I would have that many and it turned out there were more questions than I thought there would be. Also, from the way I was presenting myself (calmly, confident, eye contact), I thought that the audience would have been more interested with what I had to say, but I guess from the way I presented the audience wasn't as interested with my speech as well as I thought they would have been. The way I prepared for this speech. First I kind of knew I was going to be talking about Music, because it's the most passionate I am about in my life. Then I wrote everything about each music program that I was involved in that I could think of having to do with music ministry. From there I practiced presenting and timing myself several times before I felt confident and knew what I wanted to say before presenting to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment